Monday, December 10, 2012

First Final of 2012 Done! and made it to day 7!

Today flew by.  After setting up coffee, tea and snacks for the students at school I tried my best to stay focused all day long, but I'm getting to the point where I really just need a break!  I wrote the exam at 5pm and was home by 7:30 for a cooking marathon.

I go through roasted veggies VERY fast, so I've got to make a boatload of them every few days. Here's my recipe from today (usually I just throw together whatever I've got lying around in the fridge):


1/2 cup olive oil/ coconut oil ( whatever you've got)
2 TBSP dried rosemary
1 TBSP dried thyme

1 Butternut squash, chopped
1 Sweet potato, chopped
1 Yam, chopped
5 carrots, chopped
6 stalks of celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped

Preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit
Before chopping vegetables, mix the spices and the oil in a bowl and let sit.
Chop all the vegetables, and put them in a large pot.
Pour the oil into the large pot and make sure all pieces of vegetables are coated.
Bake for 40 minutes!

Food I ate today
11am: 3 cups roasted veggies, 3 eggs, 1 sausage, 1/2 cup hummus, 4 pieces dark chocolate
1pm: 1 cup baby bok choy, 3oz salmon, banana
4:30pm: Big bowl o' granola with coconut milk concoction

Today was a compressed feeding schedule because the exam was at 5pm. It's 10:44 now and I'm a bit hungry, so we'll see how I feel in the morning! Might eat at 9am tomorrowing since I started my fast an hour earlier tonight.

Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. I meant to ask you this today, but do you intentionally eat only three meals? Or are some of the foods that you are including in your meals actually snacks in-between?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment J! I only eat 3 meals, yup! I plan out when I'm going to eat, and I try to stick to that to encourage regularity in my day. I don't feel the need to eat between these periods, but I also eat a very large first meal of the day that could probably last me until about 4pm. One of the biggest things about not eating as many carbohydrates is that I don't have the fluctuations in hunger throughout the day. I get hungry, but it's usually after 4 hours or so without food, and even then, it's a gentle hunger signal as opposed to a gnawing feeling in my stomach.

      Good luck on exams today!

      Delete